This article explains how you can connect to Jira Cloud with your Memtime account, and collaborate with your team members while having your activities tracked automatically for you.
The first step to connecting Jira Cloud to Memtime is to install it as a Connected App.
To install Jira Cloud as a Connected App, you can try the following:
1. Open the Memtime App and click on the menu burger to select Connected Apps.
2. If you do not see Jira Cloud as a Connected App, you can click on the "Find More Connected Apps" button to easily find it.
3. This will take you to your browser and the Memtime marketplace website will open. You can search here for 'Jira' or any other Connected App you would like to try. Once you select Jira Cloud, click on the install button.
4. After clicking the "Install" button, you will be asked to enter your jira-cloud URL:
5. You can see your jira-cloud URL, when you go to the atlassian.net website, like this:
6. After installing it, go back to the Memtime App and click on "Refresh Installed Connected Apps" to see Jira Cloud installed as a Connected App.
The next step is to authenticate Jira Cloud in Memtime.
1. Select Jira Cloud in your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Authenticate".
2. A pop-up window will appear to ask you for your Atlassian credentials and you can choose your preferred way to log in.
Then, grant Memtime access in order for it to be able to connect with your Jira Cloud account, by scrolling down and clicking on "Accept".
In case you have 2-Step Verification turned on, you might also be asked to provide your full phone number in order to receive a verification code by text message.
3. Once you've successfully logged in, go back to your Connected Apps in Memtime, and choose Jira Cloud on the left to see the settings. Here, you can change your Search Query (JQL) to anything that suits you.
This automatic Search Query imports all tasks that are assigned to you and currently active:
(assignee = currentUser() AND status NOT IN (Completed, Closed, Canceled))
4. If you want to create a specific search query, you can use ChatGPT to help you. Here's an example how you can get the search query for all active tasks assigned to you:
After this, you can start creating your time entries based on any Jira Cloud projects you'd like. Here's a video that shows this process: