You can connect Memtime to Productive and take your time-tracking to the next level
The first step to connecting Productive to Memtime is to install it as a Connected App.
To install Productive as a Connected App, you can try the following:
1. Open the Memtime App and click on the burger menu to select Connected Apps.
2. If you do not already see Productive as a Connected App, you can click on the "Find More Connected Apps" button to easily find it.
3. This will take you to your browser, and the Memtime marketplace website will open. You can search here for 'Productive' or any other Connected App you would like to try. Once you select Productive, click on the "Connect to Productive" button.
4. After connecting, go back to your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Refresh Installed Connected Apps" to see Productive installed.
The next step is to authenticate Productive in Memtime.
1. Select Productive in your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Authenticate".
2. A Pop-up window will appear to ask you for your Productive credentials, which include your username, API key and Organization ID. Please, introduce them.
Attention! If you don't know how to find the API Key and Organization ID, please take a look at the following steps.
- First, log into your Productive account. To do it, you will need your email and password. Your email address is going to be your username as well.
- Second, click on your initials, on the top right corner of the screen. There, select the option "Settings".
- Then, find the section "API integrations" and click on it.
- Here you will find both your API Key and Organization ID. In order to get the API Key, you first have to see if there is any token already generated. If it is, you can move your mouse above it and the API Key will be visible so that you can copy it. If it is not, you will have to click on the purple button "Generate new token".
Last, copy the Organization ID number and paste it in Memtime.
3. Go back to your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Refresh Installed Connected Apps" to see Productive authenticated.
4. After authenticating Productive, you can change some settings according to your preferences. You can set different synchronization methods.
5. If your projects are not yet visible in Memtime, you can refresh your project management section by clicking on the refresh button here:
6. When you create a time entry in Memtime for one of your Productive tasks, Memtime will automatically synchronize it with your account. When you go to the Productive website, you will see the last booked entry in the "Time" section:
That's it! Now you can use the Productive integration in Memtime. Here's a video that shows the complete installation process, as well as how to create and export time entries: