Offline time happens when you are not using your device for a set amount of time. (15 minutes by default)
Offline time is a way to track time when and how long you are not active on your device.
- Memtime tracks your mouse and keyboard to determine what you are currently working on. If you don't touch your mouse and keyboard for a set amount of time, it will trigger offline time
- You can set up how long it takes for Memtime to trigger offline time in the Memtime time tracking settings
The default setup is 15 minutes. Meaning when you don't use your device for 15 minutes, those 15 minutes and everything after will be tracked as offline time. You then get a popup telling you that offline time was triggered and the option to rename it. You can rename it to something like "Live Meeting" or "walking the dog" to know what you did.
To change the offline time settings you need to do the following:
- Click on the settings icon in the top right of Memtime
- Click on "Preferences"
- Select "Tracking" on the left menu
- Scroll down to the offline time settings.
Watch this video to see the whole process: