You can connect Memtime to Asana and take your time-tracking to the next level.
Time tracking in Asana as you will read in this article is only available for all Advanced, Enterprise and Enterprise + Asana plans.
If you have a basic Asana plan without time tracking, you can still use our legacy Asana integration, that works a bit different because it displays time entries as comments in your tasks.
The first step to connecting Asana to Memtime is to install it as a Connected App
To install Asana as a Connected App, you can try the following:
1. Open the Memtime App and click on the menu burger to select Connected Apps.
2. If you do not already see Asana as a Connected App, you can click on the "Find More Connected Apps" button to easily find it.
3. This will take you to your browser, and the Memtime marketplace website will open. You can search here for 'Asana' or any other Connected App you would like to try. Once you select Asana, click on the "Connect to Asana" button.
4. After connecting, go back to your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Refresh Installed Connected Apps" to see Asana installed.
The next step is to authenticate Asana in Memtime.
1. Select Asana in your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Authenticate".
2. A new tab will open in your default browser to ask you for your Asana credentials. Please, introduce them.
3. Go back to your Connected Apps in Memtime and click on "Refresh Installed Connected Apps" to see Asana authenticated.
4. Once you have successfully authenticated with Asana, you have the flexibility to customize your settings based on your preferences. This includes choosing which projects and tasks to import, which options you want to be able to see during time entry creation and setting up a default start time.
Asana does not have a start time for time entries, as it only includes the day on which the time was booked. Memtime must place time entries on a timeline and therefore requires setting up a start time.
5. As soon as you create a time entry for one of your Asana tasks in Memtime, it will be automatically synchronized with your Asana account.
On the Asana website, you can find your booked times directly in the task or project.